THE TOURNAMENT SPECIALISTS
5-ON-5 RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Two 12-minute stop time halves for 7th grade and below. Two 14-minute stop time halves for 8th grade and above. T&T Sports will supply professional clock people for all events.
- Each team will get 4 time-outs (1 full, 3 30-second) and 1 additional timeout per OT period. Time-outs will carry over into overtime.
- Free throws (one and one) will be shot on the 10th team foul of each half. All free throws after the 10th team foul will result in a “one and one” situation. There will never be a “two shot” bonus situation.
- 3 minute warm up period before each game and a 3 minute halftime.
- Overtime will be 3 minutes with stopped time. Games will be played with two normal overtime periods. If the game is still tied after the second overtime then a sudden death overtime will begin and the first team to score will win.
- Any coach or player receiving two technical fouls will be ejected from the game as well as for the following game. The on court officials have total control of their court and therefore have final say in all activity and ejections on their court. Neither T&T Sports personnel nor the tournament director will overrule an official. Any punches thrown will result in ejection from the tournament.
- Players will be disqualified after committing their 5th foul.
- Home teams are listed first on the schedule. Home teams are responsible for supplying the game ball.
- The clock will run anytime a lead is over 20 points in the 2nd half. It will not stop again until that lead gets below 15 points.
- Pressing is permitted for boys and girls in all age groups.
- If two teams are tied in the standings, head to head competition between the two teams will determine the winner. If more than two teams are tied in the standings or the teams did not play each other than a point differential will be used. Point differential will be calculated after each game for seeding. The third tiebreaker system will use total points against. The fourth tiebreaker system will use total points scored. The fifth tiebreaker system will be a coin flip. Forfeit games will be scored 40-20
- Players are only allowed to play on one team. Any other situation must be approved by the tournament director (T&T Sports)
- Any challenge of a player’s age from the opposing team must be done prior to the game starting. Once the game begins no challenge will be accepted. Only head coaches are allowed to challenge a player’s age. Challenges must be made to the tournament director (T&T Sports). The referee’s, scorekeepers, event staff or any other staff member cannot authorize any challenges of a player’s age. All teams must bring and keep with them at all time proper documentation (ex. Birth certificates, report cards) for their players. Any challenge that is found to be incorrect will result in a technical foul on the head coach that initiated the challenge and the game will begin with 2 free throws and the ball for the opposing team. IF ANY CHALLENGE OF A PLAYERS AGE IS MADE AND THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR DETERMINES THAT THE PLAYER IS INELIGIBLE BECAUSE OF HIS/HER AGE THE ENTIRE TEAM MAY BE DISQUALIFIED FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE TOURNAMENT. IT IS THE COACHES RESPONSBILITY TO ENSURE THAT ALL OF THE PLAYERS MEET THE AGE REQUIREMENT FOR THE DIVISION THAT THEY ARE PLAYING IN. A PLAYER MAY MOVE UP IN A DIVISION BUT NEVER DOWN (Ex. If a player is in 8th grade but wants to play in the JV division it will be allowed. If a player is in 8th grade and wants to play in the 7th grade division it will not be allowed.
- Any protests from each game must be communicated to the tournament director (T&T Sports) once the game is completed by filling out the protest form that will be available at the admission’s table. Neither T&T Sports personnel nor the tournament director will overrule any referee as they have complete control over their court.
- All player must wear a numbered uniform that resembles the uniform worn by their teammates.
- Each team is fully responsible to clean their own bench upon completion of the game.
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes early for each game. If games are running behind we will begin the next game immediately after the previous game. There will only be a 5 minute grace period after the official start time of the game. After the 5 minute grace period, if a team is not at their court then the officials or tournament director will declare a forfeit.
- In all situations that aren’t specified in these rules the high school federation rules will apply.
- All players must have identification and proof of grade. Only 2 coaches will be allowed in the event free of charge
- No outside food or drinks are permitted at any facility. Please make all coaches, players and spectators aware of this.
- All coaches and spectators will be required to wear a wristband provided by T&T Sports to be in the facility of each event.
Copyright © 2022 T&T Sports